ANTELOPE SPRINGS STATION - Pony Express
Antelope Springs Station (N39 49 46.7 W114 23 20.9)
ANTELOPE SPRINGS STATION
The Antelope Springs Station, which was listed on the 1861 mail contract, has been identified by several sources as a Pony Express stop.  In 1859, George Chorpenning constructed this station, that later served the Pony Express. On June 1, 1860, Indians reportedly attacked the station and burned the structures.  When English traveler Richard Burton visited the site in late 1860, he found a corral, but no new station house. Burton also noted that the station burned the previous June.  According to Burton, "the corral still stood; we found wood in plenty, water was lying in an adjoining bottom, and we used the two to brew our tea."  A new station went up sometime after Burton's visit. 
In 1976 a log structure with a flat roof, corral, and two sources of water remained at the station site. Authorities disagree on whether the original station stood within the corral, or still exists as the log hut. 
Antelope Springs Station
Antelope Springs existed only for a couple of months until Paiutes burned it. The station was never rebuilt.
Tippet Land and Livestock Company: The highlight of Tippett is the old stone horse barn built in the 1860s. Both the Pony Express and Overland Stage used the barn and small storehouse to house horses that were switched at nearby Antelope Springs.