COLD SPRINGS STATION, Nebraska
Point plotted SW of North Platte, Nebraska. Google maps does not show a Box Elder Creek
This site, which served as a relay station for the Pony Express, presumably was near Box Elder Creek, two miles south and one mile west of present North Platte, in Lincoln County, Nebraska. Cold Springs Station was also listed on the 1861 Overland Mail Company contract.  Mattes and Henderson note some confusion between Cold Springs and Jack Morrow's Ranch, also called "Junction House," twelve miles from Cottonwood Springs.  Based upon material in The Paul and Helen Henderson Oregon Trail Collection, it is possible that the well-known Morrow's store and trading post served as both a Pony Express and stage station.