Horticultural Gardens Pavilion, Toronto, Canada
n 1879, the Pavilion Hall was built. It included a glass conservatory and was also used for concerts and social events. Oscar Wilde gave a lecture here in May 1882. The Hall burned down in 1902. It was replaced by the existing Victorian style conservatory known as the Palm House in 1910.
December 8 and 9, 1884 and February 14, 1885
"Horticultural Gardens Toronto" by Frank William Micklethwaite - This image is available from the City of Toronto Archives, listed under the archival citation Fonds 1478, Item 5.This tag does not indicate the copyright status of the attached work. A normal copyright tag is still required. See Commons:Licensing for more information.Deutsch | English | suomi | français | magyar | македонски | Nederlands | português | +/−. Licensed under Public Domain via Wikimedia Commons - http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Horticultural_Gardens_Toronto.jpg...