Marysville, KS - Pony Express
After crossing some prairie country, the next stop was Marysville, which also was known as Palmetto City. According to the Englishman Richard Burton, it was a town that thrived "by selling whiskey to ruffians of all descriptions."  Sources generally concur on its identity as a station, but disagree on its status as a home or relay station.  In 1859, Joseph H. Cottrell and Hank Williams contracted with Russell, Majors, and Waddell to build and lease a livery stable as a home station. Riders stayed at the nearby American Hotel, which was north of the livery stable. The north end of the stone stable served as a blacksmith shop, and stalls were located on the other side. 
After serving as a livery stable, the building later housed a garage, produce station, and a cold storage locker plant. In 1876, a hip style roof was added to the building after a fire destroyed the original board roof. On April 2, 1973, the stable joined the National Register of Historic Places. As late as 1991, it operated as a museum.  It should also be noted, that in 1931, a marker was erected at the Marshall County Courthouse that identified Marysville as a home station of the Pony Express.