Stillwater Ghost Town
Stillwater (Stillwater Complex) is a 19th-century ghost town of Churchill County, Nevada.
Several sources identify Stillwater or Still Water as a potential Pony Express station.  This station also began about July 1861 as part of the Overland Mail Company stage line and the telegraph route. The Pony Express may also have stopped at the station during the last several months of its existence. Ranchers kept the station and the neighboring mining areas well-supplied with beef, grain, and hay. In 1868, before the mail and telegraph operations transferred to the Central Pacific Railroad, Stillwater served as the county seat and had 100 residents. No identifiable station remains existed in 1986.